March 18, 2020
As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, effective this week, Francis Produce Company wants all of our customers to know the following:
- There will be no Saturday deliveries until further notice.
- Due to government recommendations of social distancing, we will be available on Saturdays for pick up orders only. Our facility will be open from 8:00-10:30. Please call us at 864-295-2780 to place your order, or to notify us of your arrival. One of our employees will bring your order out to your vehicle.
- After 10:30 AM on Saturdays, our facility will close and warehouse access will be limited to employees while sanitation processes commence.
- We are in constant contact with various departments of agriculture and medical professionals to continuously develop policies and procedures to safeguard all of our employees and customers.
- As always, we are in constant contact with our various growers and suppliers to make sure adequate food safety procedures are in place. Most growers are keeping H-2-A workers confined to housing they provide to keep outside exposure at a minimum.
- We have implemented extra daily sanitizing procedures within our facility to keep our employees safe and prevent any spread of the virus.
Dr. Jennifer McEntire, Vice President of Food Safety for The United Fresh Produce Association, has issued the following statement:
“There is no evidence that consuming fresh produce (or any other food) can transmit the coronavirus/COVID-19. As consumers select their produce, adhering to food safety guidance is critical. We encourage consumers to wash their hands and wash their produce before consumption by following FDA recommendations.”
This is a constantly changing situation, so more measures may be implemented as needed and defined moving forward. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times, and we hope you all stay safe and healthy.
Steven C Francis
Francis Produce Company